At William & Mary, we are surrounded by enormously accomplished and ambitious students, faculty, alumni and parents. Our community is comprised of great minds — people who have a passion for impact and who are making the remarkable happen every day in our world.
Our For the Bold campaign is bold for one reason: our people. They are the reason why William & Mary remains the gold standard not only for educational excellence but also for engagement and philanthropic efforts.
Whether it's on campus, around the nation or globe, our people have galvanized around a bold movement and through their giving are making a difference in the lives of so many. We see their generosity every day and everywhere at William & Mary.
The university has surpassed $800 million, is the No. 1 nationally ranked public university for alumni giving and continues to strengthen alumni ties among each other and with William & Mary.
From scholarships, faculty support, collaborative research and initiatives that prepare our students for a rapidly evolving world, the university is thriving because of the generosity of our donors.
Here are highlights from 2018.
- Affording Opportunity: W&M community honors the late Carroll F.S. Hardy HON '12 with namesake scholarship
- $1M scholarships gift to help active duty or veterans of the U.S. Armed Forces at the business school
- William & Mary breaks ground on Shenkman Jewish Center
- Couple gives $1 million scholarships gift to encourage the great legal minds of tomorrow
- Wife honors late husband’s legacy with $1 million gift
- Gifts totaling more than $4.7 million honor William & Mary’s 27th president
- W&M alumna makes $1.5 million gift in honor of President Katherine Rowe
- William & Mary’s Business School to Launch Center for Online Learning
- Society of 1918 raises $2.65 million to support William & Mary alumnae
- William & Mary surpasses $800M mark in its $1B For the Bold campaign
- William & Mary celebrates For the Bold in Chicago
- For the Bold campaign heads to the heartland
- Wellness center provides education, support from multiple angles
- Patrick Flaherty’s commitment to public health lives on
- Home Sweet Home: Alumni House to expand significantly
- 2018 Plumeri Award recipients announced
- William & Mary breaks all One Tribe One Day records with 12,770 donors
- William & Mary Celebrates For the Bold in Richmond
- For the Win: A Q&A with Paul Rowley '17, J.D. '20
- Puller Veterans Benefits Clinic receives $50,000 grant from Dominion Energy
- All the Past We Leave Behind: W&M Women in Computer Science
- A lasting impact: Gerald L. Tuttle Jr. Scholarship Endowment celebrates its 10th anniversary
- Judy P. Nance '69 and Peter Nance '66 create professorship to honor daughter's memory
- Groundbreaking Generosity: Gifts fund the $2.4M Tribe Field Hockey Center
- Inspiring Storytelling: Scholarships Luncheon 2018
Click photo to enlarge