William & Mary offers robust retirement, health and leave benefits to employees, faculty and administrators. Employees receive 12 paid holidays per year:
- New Year's Day - January 1
- Lee-Jackson Day - Friday preceding the Third Monday in January*
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day - Third Monday in January
- George Washington Day - Third Monday in February*
- Memorial Day - Last Monday in May
- Independence Day - July 4th
- Labor Day - First Monday in September
- Columbus Day - Second Monday in October*
- Veteran's Day - November 11*
- Thanksgiving Day - Fourth Thursday in November
- The day after Thanksgiving
- December 25th
* The university shifts these state holidays to the winter break (December 25 through New Year's Day) to enable the university to close during that period. Essential personnel may be required to work during these times. This leave is non-cumulative and no severance payments are made with respect to unused holiday leave.
Benefits are designated by job classification. For a better understanding of the retirement, health, and other benefits available for the job you are considering, read about the university’s benefits & leave for all employees.