Your success as a new member of our team is important to us! We create a customized 12-month onboarding plan for every new employee. The plan is designed to help you become familiar with your key partners, internally and externally, to help you understand expectations for your performance. Most importantly, your personalized plan empowers you to achieve great success! The preparation and information you gain during your first 12 months will help you perform at a high level and enable you to continue to identify professional growth opportunities for the coming years ahead in your career at William & Mary.
Your twelve-month onboarding schedule, organized by month, includes:
- Initial and ongoing roles-and-responsibilities discussions with your supervisor
- Initial and ongoing opportunities for training and professional development
- An initial meeting with our Vice President and members of our leadership team
- Meetings with key partners in advancement and on campus
- Periodic check-in meetings with the talent management team
- Initial and ongoing meetings with your mentor (that’s right, each new university advancement hire is assigned a mentor!)