University Advancement is leading the charge to build a culture of engagement and philanthropy at William & Mary. For more than three centuries, the university has produced generations of principled achievers by providing its own distinct brand of education. The William & Mary experience is defined by powerful faculty-student interaction, emphasis on collaboration and innovation in teaching and research across disciplines, and opportunities to influence change. University Advancement was created to help continue and enhance that legacy of excellence, and it is exciting to be part of that effort.
William & Mary’s ability to deliver a world-class education depends greatly on generous private support. The university also relies on active involvement by alumni, friends, parents, students, faculty and staff committed to securing its position in the 21st century. University Advancement guides many of the efforts to engage the William & Mary community in meaningful ways to maximize impact on our beloved institution. From gifts of time and treasure to transformative leadership gifts and consistent annual support, every donor plays a critical role in fueling William & Mary’s success. It is a privilege to see so many answer the call to shape the university’s future.
The William & Mary community is a wonderful family that shares a strong sense of unity and purpose. The University Advancement team is dedicated to ensuring that we all work in concert to propel William & Mary further now and evermore.
With all best wishes,
Matthew T. Lambert ’99
Vice President for University Advancement
University Advancement Goals
William & Mary’s strength as an institution depends greatly on access to resources that enable the university to provide a world-class liberal arts education, graduate programs that prepare students to succeed in a professional environment and a campus community where scholars can excel in the classroom and on the field. Your support can help ensure that we can continue to offer:
- A strong William & Mary community where inquiry and excellence thrive.
- Powerful faculty-student interaction.
- A rich array of co-curricular activities.
- An emphasis on collaboration and innovation in teaching and research across disciplines.
- Meaningful opportunities to lead positive change.
University Advancement’s overarching goals can help ensure William & Mary has strong financial footing well into the future.
To that end, we aspire to:
- Strengthen the lifelong ties our alumni have to their alma mater and one another.
- Achieve 40 percent alumni participation by 2020.
- Execute a successful $1 billion campaign to ensure that we can attract and retain the best students and faculty, while offering a distinct brand of education that prepares students to build a better future for themselves, the nation and the world.