Part of Wren Traditions, Tag Day is an event for students hosted by Students for University Advancement that strengthens our community and celebrates all that private giving makes possible at William & Mary. Tag Day is our way of saying thank you to all our donors, including the 106,644 donors who gave back as part of the For the Bold campaign to help strengthen academic and athletic excellence.
Private giving supports nearly all aspects of our campus life. Did you know private gifts allow the Student Recreation Center to offer free fitness and wellness classes? Or that private funds support testing accommodations for students with disabilities?
While Tag Day this year will look different than in previous years, we encourage everyone in the campus community to stop by their favorite places on campus on March 31, 2021 to find our gold tags and banners and see how William & Mary is impacted by private support.
There are many ways you can participate in Tag Day and potentially win free W&M swag!
- Take a selfie with a gold tag or banner and share with the hashtag #wmTagDay
- Share on social media how you have been impacted by private giving and use the hashtag #wmTagDay
- Wear a Tag Day sticker or button (pickup locations: Sadler from 10:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. and 5:30-7:30 p.m., and Swem from 2-4 p.m.)
- Add Tag Day-specific GIFs to your posts
- Download and use a Tag Day Zoom background
Thank you for helping make William & Mary extraordinary!
- Ashley Anderson, Coordinator, Student Philanthropy and Recent Graduate Engagement