This Web site may disclose personal information when required by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary in order to conform to the edicts of the law or comply with a legal process involving the Web site.
When you visit our sites you may provide us with two types of information: (1) non-personal information that is collected on an aggregate basis from all users, and (2) personal information you voluntarily choose to disclose through registering, filling out a profile form, or joining an e-mail list.
In all cases, your personal information is only provided to clearly identified official requestors affiliated or associated with the College of William and Mary and the Alumni Association.
WMAA's Web site uses "cookies" which are small files which allow us to store and sometimes track what you are looking at when you visit our sites. If you are concerned about the potential use of information gathered from your computer by "cookies," you can set your browser to prompt you before it accepts a cookie. Most Internet browsers have settings that let you identify or reject cookies. In some cases, blocking cookies may impact certain login and privileged-access features on the Web site.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
If you do nothing during your visit but browse, read pages, or download information, our sites' operating system will automatically record the following information about your visit without reference to your personal identity.
1. The Internet domain for your Internet service, such as "xcompany.com" or "xcompany.net" if you use a private Internet access account, or "yourcollege.edu" if you connect from a college or university domain.
2. The type of browser that you use (e.g., "American Online version 7" or "Microsoft Internet Explorer 5").
3. The type of operating system that you use (e.g., Windows or Macintosh).
4. The date and time you visit our sites, and the Web pages that you visit on our sites.
5. The address of the previous Web site you visited, if you linked to us from another Web site.
6. The address of the next Web site you visit, if you linked to it from our sites.
This information is used to help us diagnose technical problems and determine the commonalities for application of future development items. We gather this information in the aggregate -- as a total, not linked to individual users.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
WMAA's Web site collects and uses personal information that you voluntarily provide for the purposes described below. By "personal information," we mean information that on its own can specifically identify you. This includes, among other things, your name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, fax number, credit card number, etc.
1. E-mail Lists: If you would like to receive e-mails from the WMAA or your local chapter or club, we ask for your e-mail address and other personal information. We use this information to administer the e-mail lists. If you wish to remove your e-mail from our records, please follow the instructions provided at the bottom of all e-mailings. Please contact the Webmaster at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any problems revoking your subscription.
2. Feedback and Other Contact Forms: While we do not ordinarily share personal information that you provide to us on feedback and other contact forms with third parties, depending on the reason(s) for your contact, it may be necessary to share personal information with third parties to comply with your request.
3. User interests & demographics: This information is collected through Google Analytics Advertising Features and is used to improve the experience of our users and the quality of our content. If you do not want this information to be disclosed to us, you can opt out.
4. Miscellaneous: You may choose to participate in other activities at our sites that may require you to disclose personal information. These activities may include polls, questionnaires, surveys, contests, etc. Because of the nature of these activities, we may share this information with official third parties.
Credit Card Transactions
Some features of this site enable credit card transactions. These features are completely voluntary to members. They include the purchasing of tickets or merchandise through events, stores or donations through the site. The operators of this site would like to assure you that measures have been taken to make such transactions secure for its members. Once processed, WMAA does not store or maintain electronically collected credit card information.
This site uses industry standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) servers on our transaction pages to encrypt all of your personal information including name, address, and credit card number to prevent unauthorized access as the information travels over the Internet. Shortly after a purchase or refund is processed, you will receive a confirmation via e-mail. You are advised to print out and save a copy of the order confirmation for verification if it becomes necessary to request refunds or resolve any disputes.
This site makes web logs, message boards and the ability to chat available for every community member on the site. Your first and last name will be displayed during chat sessions or when you post something in the message boards. Any additional information you choose to submit in these areas is considered public. To protect yourself from unwanted spam or other unsolicited or unwanted communication, you are advised against providing personally identifiable information, including e-mail addresses, postal addresses and phone numbers. The web administrator does not monitor the chat rooms unless we receive a request to do so by a member via Report Abuse.
Links to Other Sites
This site contains links to other sites. This site is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such Web sites.
What are Photo Albums?
Photo Albums allow you to upload and share your pictures with your friends and fellow members. You can also personalize your album by writing captions for each picture.
Photo Content Policy
The Alumni Association retains the right to remove or reject any photo that it deems obscene or objectionable nor does it endorse any photos that are posted on the site. Members will not post copyrighted photos without permission from the owner. Members understand content whether it be text or graphic is the sole responsibility of the person from which such content originated. The Association is no way responsible for accuracy, integrity or quality of such content.
This is a community site that is based primarily on member input. This site cannot guarantee the accuracy of information presented. However, anyone demonstrated to have engaged in fraudulent behavior may be subject to (but not limited to) loss of privileges as a member as well as face prosecution to the fullest extent of the law.
WMAA retains the right to amend or otherwise update this Privacy Statement at any time. By using our site, you consent to the collection and use of the information as we have described. If we change our policies and practices, we will post the changes in our Privacy Statement so that you are always aware of them. With this knowledge, you can make an informed decision about whether you wish to provide personal information to us.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, you may contact us at email@example.com